Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Blue Sun, Yellow Sky by Jamie Jo Hoang

Blue Sun, Yellow Sky is a novel written by Jamie Jo Hoang and can be found HERE
To start off with, this novel has beautiful cover art. It caught my eye and my attention almost immediately. I loved the colors she used and the simplicity of the cover. I would buy this book in a bookstore based of the cover alone. Aubrey is the main character and she is a nationally recognized artist. In her late 20's she is given a diagnosis from her doctor that she will soon be blind. She decides to go on a trek across the world to see it all before she loses what is most precious to her. I loved how the author talked in detail about different sites around the world. As an avid traveler, I loved picturing the different wonders of the world and imagining traveling there myself. The book overall was not my favorite. For me it crawled at a snails pace and lasted far too long. I hate to write that I anything but loved the book because I know how difficult writing your first novel is. You expose yourself to the world and write your heart on every page. As a reviewer though, I write the truth of how I feel about a book that I read and have to be honest. I do think that this author has amazing potential and I can see in the reviews that there are many who love her novel. If you like heartfelt books about finding yourself, I think that you might enjoy this novel. Give it a go and leave a review for this wonderful author!

No comments:

Post a Comment